Prep the Copper
- Cut the copper – this is best on copper at least .015″ thick
- if you are planning on having it water jet cut later, add at least 1.5″ to your sizes
- Sand the front with a 3M coarse grinder pads. This will hide the scratches that copper inevitably gets and create a nice pattern in the metal.
- Alternately, use an orbital sander, 50 grit. This is an attractive pattern.
- If you are planning on brazing decorative lines – e.g. ovals, circles, zig zags – on the copper, now is the time to do that